Middle Marker Competition
Club Evening Series Middle Marker Competition
This is a supplementary competition to encourage the middling or up-and-coming rider from one year to the next by rewarding participation and to highlight progress of those riders who qualify for the competition the previous year. At the end of the series a trophy is awarded to the overall winner.
Any current member, with an average time for a Pevensey 10 or 14 mile evening series event the previous year, that isn’t above the average time of all the Pevensey 10 or 14 mile evening series events ridden by all the members the previous year, can qualify for the middle marker competition.
How the Competition Works
For each Pevensey 10 or 14 mile evening series event ridden points will be awarded to eligible riders in relation to other eligible riders: 30 points for first place down to 1 point for 30th place. Riders that do not qualify for the competition are disregarded in the allocation of points. Regular riders participating in more events are rewarded by receiving points for every qualifying event they ride. The rider with the highest number of points at the end of the Evening Series wins. A trophy will be awarded to the winner.
Competition Qualifying Event
Any 10 or 14 mile Evening Series event starting at Pevensey.
- The average results from the Pevensey 10 and 14 mile Evening Series each year will determine the Middle Marker competition qualifiers for the following year.
- The Middle Marker competition is open to any first or second claim member who rode a Pevensey 10 or 14 mile Evening Series event the previous year, fits the qualifying criteria, and is a fully paid up member before the start of the Evening Series for the current year.
- A list of riders to be included in the competition will be published before the start of the Evening Series each year.
- Any rider who might otherwise be eligible, but has not had their membership processed prior to the list being published, will not be added to the competition part way through the series.
- The Evening Series 25 mile, Beachy Head events and the Firle Beacon hill climb will not be included in the competition