We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect during your membership with us, or when you enter or participate in an event hosted by us. This notice explains how we comply with the law on data protection and what your rights are. For the purposes of data protection, we will be the controller of your personal information.
1. Personal Information we may collect from you
Depending on the type of membership you register for with us, or entry to an event hosted by us, you may initially provide us with personal information about you, such as your:
▪ Personal contact details: title, name, address, email address and telephone numbers
▪ Photo (optional)
▪ Date of birth
▪ Emergency contact name and telephone numbers
▪ Name of any other BC or CTT affiliated club for which you are actively racing
▪ Name, email address and contact number of parent or guardian if you are under 18
2. Personal Information we may collect about you
Once you have become a member of the club, or participate in an event hosted by us, we may obtain personal information about you, such as your:
▪ Membership start and end date
▪ Records of any payments received from you
▪ Details of any other cycling organisations you may be a member of such as British Cycling, Cycling UK, the VTTA, Audax UK or the LVRC
▪ Records of your attendance at any events hosted by us
▪ Records of any events you have attended or participated in together with details regarding your performance, competition results, rankings or awards
▪ Images in video and/or photographic form of you attending or participating in events as a member of Eastbourne Rovers CC
▪ Images in video and/or photographic form of you attending or participating in events hosted by Eastbourne Rovers CC
3. Special categories of personal information
We do not collect, store and use any special categories of more sensitive personal information about you in the general administration of your membership with us. In some instances, such as when the club organises a velodrome trip, it might be a condition of booking that you provide more sensitive personal information to the provider of these sessions, such as:
▪ Information about your health, including any medical condition
Eastbourne Rovers CC will not store this information.
4. Where we collect your information
We collect personal information about you when you apply to become a member of the club, when you compete in, or attend an event as a member of the club, when you enter an event hosted by us, or when you correspond with us by phone, email or in some other way.
5. Uses made of the information
Our lawful basis for processing your personal information is that we have an obligation to you as a member, or entrant in one of our events, to provide the services you have registered for.
We will typically use the personal information provided by members to:
▪ Administer the type of membership you have with us and manage our relationship with you, including dealing with payments and any support or enquiries made by you
▪ Send you information which is included within your membership benefits, such as club handbook, membership card and updates regarding club rides, events and activities you are entitled to participate in as a member of the club
▪ Organise and manage any special events, trips or outings the club may arrange
▪ Contact a nominated person in the event of an emergency
We will typically use the personal information collected about members and event participants to:
▪ Calculate and publish event results and competition rankings
▪ Calculate, record and publish competition and award winners
▪ Maintain and publish a comprehensive set of club time trial records
▪ For the purposes of promoting the club, our events and membership packages
These are the main purposes for which we process your personal information and our lawful basis for being able to do this. If you do not provide us with the requested personal information we may not be able to admit you as a member of the club or accept you as an entrant to one of our events. When we may not be able to properly perform our contract with you, or comply with legal obligations, we may have to terminate your membership or reject your entry to our events.
6. Promoting the club
We have a legitimate interest in promoting the club, our events and membership packages through our website and social media platforms. When you attend or participate in an event as a member of the club or attend or participate in an event hosted by Eastbourne Rovers CC, details in written, video and/or photographic form may be published on these sites.
If you join one of our social media platforms, please note that each provider will have their own privacy policies and that the club do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check the policies, and your own privacy settings within each app, before you submit any personal data through these sites.
7. Direct Marketing
We will not send you information about products or services on behalf of third parties.
8. Disclosure of your personal information
We share personal information about members with the following parties:
▪ Principle officers of the club will have access to your contact details and emergency contact details through the membermojo Ltd membership system
▪ Where consent has been given, the contact details for officers of the club and members of the committee will be published in the club handbook
We share personal information about members and event participants with the following parties:
▪ When required to do so as a condition of our affiliation, any relevant and necessary information, to governing or regional cycling bodies to allow them to properly administer our sport on a local, regional and national level
9. Transferring your personal information internationally
The personal information we collect is not transferred to and stored in countries outside of the UK and the European Union
10. Retaining your personal information
The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending on the type of information and the reason why we collected it
▪ We retain information for as long as reasonably necessary to maintain our financial records for tax and other regulatory requirements
▪ Generally, where there is no other legal requirement we retain records of your membership for a period of 6 years after the end of your membership
▪ Generally, where there is no other legal requirement we retain records of your participation in events hosted by us for a period of 2 years
▪ Information regarding your performance, when competing as a member of the club, or at an event hosted by us, will be held while that data forms part of our club time trial records
11. Your rights in relation to personal information
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
▪ the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
▪ the right to access the personal information we hold about you
▪ the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
▪ the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances
▪ the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met
▪ the right to object to the processing of your personal information
▪ the right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider
▪ the right to object to certain automated decision-making processes using your personal information
For members it is important to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date, and you should let us know if anything changes. This can be done by emailing email@example.com. Alternatively, you can update the information provided when you applied to be a member yourself through your own membership record on Membermojo.
You should note that some of these rights, for example the right to require us to transfer your data to another service provider or the right to object to automated decision making, may not apply as they have specific requirements and exemptions which apply to them and they may not apply to personal information recorded and stored by us. For example, we do not use automated decision making in relation to your personal data. However, some have no conditions attached, so your right to withdraw consent or object to processing for direct marketing are absolute rights.
Whilst this privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information, this is a very complex area of law. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information you can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.
12. Changes to this notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
13. Contacting us
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws as we are not required to do so, but our Chairman has overall responsibility for data protection compliance in our organisation. In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email email@example.com
Eastbourne Rovers Cycling Club Privacy Notice May 2018